Saturday, January 11, 2020

2 suits, 10 stores $110

P needed to get a suit so we went shopping.  P doesn't want a suit so his capacity to not buy a suit is tremendous.  We went to 3 stores locally on Friday.  Today we went to the temple then to 7 more stores.  He did find a suit he was OK with at one store but at the check out they said it was $10 more than he previously was told so he walked away.  Wow.  I can't imagine doing that.  He's awesomely strong at not feeling pressured to buy anything!

On our way to another store I saw a Men's warehouse that advertised 2 suits for $100.  We pulled over an it was our lucky day.  After trying on about 100 jackets cumulatively, he could tell that the dark blue and black in his size were good enough for the price.  The pants were good too!  Then some sweet paisley ties were 3 for $20.  Extravaganza.

This was the epitome of our planned impulse buying.  We know we need something, so we decide how much we can afford, plan out a series of outings to look at options, then buy.

While P was trying on the suits I browsed some sports coats nearby.  I was taken by a beautiful blue velvet coat.  It was very nice.  Not needed.  Nice.  When I told M about the jacket she said I should do 200 days of sugar free for it.  That jacket is totally worth 200 days of sugar free.  And I am totally worth 200 days of sugar free.  Win.  July 29th, 2020 will be the day.   Just like with my 100 days sugar free boots, by the time I earn it, it won't be the season for the jacket, but I'll have permission to get it, whenever that happens.

So where were the kids for this marathon of shopping?  Home.  Wow!  They were home for 12 hours today while we were off driving, temple, store, store......driving, home!

No comments: